Non-profit organisation based in Empoli, Tuscany, with a goal of helping local communities and individuals across a number of fields, including education, scientific research, education, social assistance and health.
Non-profit organisation based in Empoli, Tuscany, with a goal of helping local communities and individuals across a number of fields, including education, scientific research, education, social assistance and health
- promoting and organising seminars, training courses, events, conferences, study sessions, round tables and other scientific- and educational-based initiatives;
- promoting and fostering education and training in the territory, particularly for young people, including through scholarships, donations and grants;
- developing charitable activities to help socially- and economically-disadvantaged groups, both within and outside the local territory;
- fostering initiatives and activities to support the wellbeing of Sesa Group employees, including assistance in health matters.
In the period January to December 2021, the foundation carried out a number of activities to support our corporate objectives, falling into two categories: foundation projects and projects to support other organisations and bodies in the region.
During the same period, the value of the contribution made by the foundation equated to around 123,000 euro (+55% YOY), and the aim is to further increase this in 2022.
The Sesa Foundation’s 2022 plan includes reinforcing its programmes in the areas of philanthropic activities, local community support and Sesa Group welfare, with a particular focus on the following:
- Philanthropy and charity: supporting local non-profit organisations. We are receiving an increasing number of requests and are responding with particular attention to disadvantaged groups such as the elderly or people with disabilities;
- Art and culture: supporting cultural activities and events in the local territory and helping protect and showcase historical, artistic and environmental assets.
The following initiatives have also been confirmed for 2022:
- support of the ASL Covid Vaccination Hub, including the free loan of over 500 square metres of space in via Giuntini, Empoli. Over 400,000 doses of the vaccine have been administered since the beginning of the pandemic;
- contribution to running the Sesa Baby creche at the Sesa technology hub in via del Pino and via Piovola in Empoli. Falling within the scope of the Sesa Group employee welfare plan, the creche takes care of around 30 children;
- support through the small loan programme for employees.